New PDF release: Phase-Space Optics: Fundamentals and Applications
By Markus Testorf;Bryan Hennelly;Jorge Ojeda-Castaneda
A finished go component of phase-space optics
This definitive quantity highlights a sublime, unified method of optical rays, waves, and procedure layout utilizing state of the art phase-space innovations. Phase-Space Optics: basics and Applications info theoretical suggestions of part area in addition to novel engineering purposes in particular disciplines. This authoritative advisor contains complete insurance of sampling, superresolution imaging, and the phase-space interpretation of ultrafast optics. paintings with Wigner optics, study phase-space equations, increase wave propagation types, and achieve a brand new knowing of optical resources and structures. notice how to:
- Describe optical phenomena utilizing Wigner and ambiguity features
- practice phase-space rotations utilizing ray transformation matrices
- effect the trade-off among student measurement and intensity of box
- learn and layout optical indications utilizing the Radon-Wigner rework
- Accomplish superresolution via squeezing section area
- Interpret the intimate dating among radiometry and coherence
- Use simple algebra to find self-imaging, Fresnel diffraction, and the Talbot impression
- advance discrete versions, sampling standards, and interpolation formulae
- paintings with ultrafast tactics and complicated space-time constructions
Read Online or Download Phase-Space Optics: Fundamentals and Applications PDF
Best optics books
This ebook offers the reader with a transparent review of the enormous physique of analysis and improvement paintings conducted within the final 5 years on microstructured polymer optical fibres (mPOFs). It discusses new purposes so as to be spread out through this rising know-how and comprises for the 1st time information about the fabrication method for those fibres.
Provides readers with the elemental technology, expertise, and purposes for all sorts of adaptive lensAn adaptive lens is a lens whose form has been replaced to another focal size by way of an exterior stimulus comparable to strain, electrical box, magnetic box, or temperature. creation to Adaptive Lenses is the 1st ebook ever to deal with all the primary operation ideas, gadget features, and capability functions of assorted sorts of adaptive lenses.
Guide of Optical layout, 3rd version covers the elemental rules of geometric optics and their program to lens layout in a single quantity. It comprises vintage points of lens layout in addition to very important glossy equipment, instruments, and tools, together with modern astronomical telescopes, Gaussian beams, and machine lens layout.
- A History of Optics From Greek Antiquity to the Nineteenth Century
- Plant Breeding and Farmer Participation
- Introduction to Quantum Electronics
- Geometrical and Instrumental Optics
- Guided Wave Optical Components and Devices: Basics, Technology, and Applications (Optics and Photonics)
Extra resources for Phase-Space Optics: Fundamentals and Applications
J. Bastiaans, “A frequency-domain treatment of partial coherence,” Opt. Acta 24, 261–274 (1977). 17. L. Mandel and E. Wolf, “Spectral coherence and the concept of cross-spectral purity,” J. Opt. Soc. Am. 66, 529–535 (1976). 18. P. M. Woodward, Probability and Information Theory with Applications to Radar, Pergamon, London, 1953, Chap. 7. 19. A. Papoulis, “Ambiguity function in Fourier optics,” J. Opt. Soc. Am. 64, 779–788 (1974). 20. R. Simon, E. C. G. Sudarshan, and N. Mukunda, “Anisotropic Gaussian Schellmodel beams: Passage through optical systems and associated invariants,” Phys.
Lohmann, “Image rotation, Wigner rotation, and the fractional Fourier transform,” J. Opt. Soc. Am. A 10, 2181–2186 (1993). 51. R. Simon and K. B. Wolf, “Fractional Fourier transforms in two dimensions,” J. Opt. Soc. Am. A 17, 2368–2381 (2000). Wigner Distribution in Optics 52. H. M. Ozaktas, Z. Zalevsky, and M. A. Kutay, The Fractional Fourier Transform with Applications in Optics and Signal Processing, Wiley, New York, 2001. 53. K. B. Wolf, Geometric Optics on Phase Space, Springer, Berlin, 2004.
47. R. Winston and W. T. Welford, “Geometrical vector ﬂux and some new nonimaging concentrators,” J. Opt. Soc. Am. 69, 532–536 (1979). 48. J. E. Moyal, “Quantum mechanics as a statistical theory,” Proc. Cambridge Philos. Soc. 45, 99–132 (1949). 49. A. C. McBride and F. H. Kerr, “On Namias’ fractional Fourier transforms,” IMA J. Appl. Math. 39, 159–175 (1987). 50. A. W. Lohmann, “Image rotation, Wigner rotation, and the fractional Fourier transform,” J. Opt. Soc. Am. A 10, 2181–2186 (1993). 51. R.
Phase-Space Optics: Fundamentals and Applications by Markus Testorf;Bryan Hennelly;Jorge Ojeda-Castaneda