Get Passive optical networks : principles and practice PDF
By Cedric F. Lam
Passive optical community (PON) applied sciences became an enormous broadband entry expertise due to the growing to be call for for bandwidth-hungry video-on-demand purposes. Written through the best researchers and specialists within the box, Passive Optical Networks provides coherent assurance of networking applied sciences, fiber optic transmission applied sciences, in addition to the electronics interested by PON method development.
- An in-depth evaluate of PON applied sciences and the aptitude purposes that they enable
- Comprehensive evaluate of all significant PON criteria and structure evolutions, in addition to their execs and cons
- Balanced insurance of modern learn findings with monetary and engineering considerations
- Presents procedure problems with protocols, functionality, administration and protection
- Extensive references to criteria and learn fabrics for extra studies
This e-book presents an authoritative review of PON applied sciences and approach standards and is perfect for engineers and bosses in undefined, collage researchers, and graduate students.
- Balances remedy of the optical applied sciences with structures concerns corresponding to protocols, functionality, administration and protection
- Covers most modern advancements in WDM-PONS, security switching, dynamic bandwidth allocation
- Practical insurance with a bankruptcy on PON purposes and deployment
- Case experiences on enforcing PONs
Read or Download Passive optical networks : principles and practice PDF
Best optics books
This publication offers the reader with a transparent evaluation of the enormous physique of analysis and improvement paintings conducted within the final 5 years on microstructured polymer optical fibres (mPOFs). It discusses new functions as a way to be unfolded by means of this rising expertise and contains for the 1st time information about the fabrication method for those fibres.
Offers readers with the fundamental technological know-how, expertise, and purposes for all sorts of adaptive lensAn adaptive lens is a lens whose form has been replaced to another focal size via an exterior stimulus comparable to strain, electrical box, magnetic box, or temperature. creation to Adaptive Lenses is the 1st e-book ever to deal with the entire primary operation ideas, equipment features, and capability functions of assorted varieties of adaptive lenses.
Instruction manual of Optical layout, 3rd version covers the basic ideas of geometric optics and their program to lens layout in a single quantity. It accommodates vintage elements of lens layout besides very important sleek equipment, instruments, and tools, together with modern astronomical telescopes, Gaussian beams, and machine lens layout.
- LED Lighting: Technology and Perception
- Optical Properties of Solid
- Near-Field Optics and Surface Plasmon Polaritons
- Nano-Structures for Optics and Photonics: Optical Strategies for Enhancing Sensing, Imaging, Communication and Energy Conversion
- Alhacen's Theory of Visual Perception (First Three Books of Alhacen's De Aspectibus), Volume One - Introduction and Latin Text (Transactions of the American Philosophical Society)
Additional resources for Passive optical networks : principles and practice
Faced with the competition from MSOs and the rapid price erosion of their legacy voice services, RBOCs need to upgrade their 100year-old twisted copper access plant in order to match or surpass services offered by MSOs. A fiber deep access network architecture or FTTx is the natural choice to future-proof their new investment. In the United States, one of the incentives for RBOCs to build up fiber deep infrastructure is to bypass the requirement to share their access loops with competitors. In order to introduce competitions into the telecommunication market, the US government requires traditional incumbent carriers to unbundle (open) their twisted pair access loops to their competitors.
Pan is a member of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) and the Optical Society of America (OSA). Chapter 1 Introduction Cedric F. Lam OpVista Inc. The recent surge in bandwidth demand, driven by fast-growing videoon-demand (VOD) services and emerging applications such as network gaming, peer-to-peer downloading etc. has revitalized the optical communication industry. After more than 20 years of active research, passive optical network (PON)-based broadband optical access systems are finally seeing wide-scale deployments in Asia and North America.
1 FTTx OVERVIEW The general structure of a modern telecommunication network consists of three main portions: backbone (or core) network, metro/regional network, and access network (Fig. 1). On a very high level, core backbone networks are used for long-distance transport and metro/regional networks are responsible for traffic grooming and multiplexing functions. Structures of backbone and metro networks are usually more uniform than access networks and their costs are shared among large numbers of users.
Passive optical networks : principles and practice by Cedric F. Lam