Calling local artists! KCOS, El Paso’s Public Television station, will host its annual Art Auction on May 2nd and 3rd.
This yearly event is taking a new twist this year, by becoming a juried show for the first time. There are five juried categories for art submission including:
· Local Flavor- a celebration of the best of the Paso del Norte region in all mediums.
· Figurative- a celebration of human form and representations of animals.
· Still Life and Landscapes- still life and non-regional landscapes in all mediums.
· Photography- photographs, limited editions, lithographs, and etchings.
· Contemporary & Mixed media- abstract, non-objective works, three dimensional works in all media, including functional art.
The winner of each category will receive a $100 cash prize, and the best in show will receive a $500 cash prize. There will also be a non-juried Special Collections category including works from Early El Paso artists and other special donations.
Area artists of all mediums are invited to submit up to two entries each. Local galleries are also invited to submit work from the artists they represent.
Entry forms and the art auction handbook are available online at www.kcostv.org/artauction. All selected works will be presented on-air for bid during the KCOS Art Auction with a brief artist biography and will be highlighted for preview online at www.kcostv.org/artauction.
All funds raised will go toward the top-notch and award-winning programming El Paso and Southern New Mexico has come to enjoy from KCOS, your local PBS station.
Deadline to submit art is Friday, March 13th. Visit www.kcostv.org/artauction for entry forms and the art auction handbook. For questions or more details please contact Emily Martin Loya at 915.590.1313 or email email@example.com
KCOS Art Auction Broadcast Dates:
Saturday, May 2 at 12 p.m. – 10 p.m.
Sunday, May 3 at 1 p.m. - 9 p.m.