The San Antonio Symphony is the epicenter of the city’s performing arts. We are continuously shaping the dynamics of our community through the performance of symphonic, opera, and ballet repertoire. We perform side-by-side concerts with student musicians and conduct master classes and concerts at area schools, civic centers and non-profits.
Music Director Sebastian Lang-Lessing and our many talented musicians reach well beyond the Majestic Theater stage to make a difference throughout the community.
- The San Antonio Symphony Mastersingers are regularly featured on Symphony concerts, performing Handel’s Messiah, Verdi’s Requiem and Mahler’s Symphony No. 3 this past season.
- Our collaboration with Ballet San Antonio is the city’s only live-music production of Tchaikovsky’s The Nutcracker.
- The Youth Orchestras of San Antonio boast Symphony musicians among their conducting and coaching staffs, and their students perform in an annual side-by-side concert with the Symphony.
- Our musicians have created San Antonio’s greatest chamber ensembles, including Camerata San Antonio, Olmos Ensemble, SOLI Chamber Ensemble and the all-new Q Chamber Series.
- The Opera San Antonio’s opening gala concert was beautifully supported by the Symphony under the leadership of Maestro Sebastian Lang-Lessing, and we will partner with TOSA in presenting Dvorák'sRusalka in 2014.
- And the 2014 Dvorák Festival will mark the fourth consecutive season we have collaborated with the city’s cultural and performing arts institutions to present a compendium of a composer’s works. Previous partners have included KLRN, the San Antonio International Piano Competition, Musical Bridges Around the World, San Antonio Museum of Art and many more!