The Association of Fundraising Professionals, San Antonio Chapter, has issued a call for nominations for its 2013 AFP National Philanthropy Day Awards.
“This year’s National Philanthropy Day will honor our fellow citizens whose philanthropy has truly transformed the lives of others in our city,” said AFP-San Antonio Chapter President Shannon Nisbet. “This year’s event will recognize those individuals, who through their charitable giving, their service and their support for the non-profit community, have left an indelible imprint. We are honored to share their stories.”
The deadline for submitting nominations is Friday, June 28.
AFP-San Antonio will recognize the winners in the various categories at its National Philanthropy Day luncheon Nov. 15.
Award categories are:
· Outstanding Philanthropist(s) – an individual, couple or family, but not an organization
· Outstanding Foundation – a nonprofit organization whose function is to make grants
· Outstanding Philanthropic Corporation – a corporate donor that supports nonprofit organizations with cash and/or in-kind support
· Outstanding Philanthropic Small Corporation (fewer than 100 employees) – a corporate donor that supports nonprofit organizations with cash and/or in-kind support and takes a leadership role in philanthropy and community involvement beyond monetary value of gifts
· Outstanding Service Organization – a volunteer organization that helps nonprofits with gifts and participatory support
· Outstanding Youth in Philanthropy – a young person who gave of his or her time, talent and treasure to support a nonprofit organization or philanthropic cause. “Youth” is defined as age 22 and under.
· Outstanding Volunteer Fundraiser – an individual who has demonstrated leadership in fundraising campaigns
· Outstanding Fundraising Professional – an individual who is committed to the field of fundraising and has had remarkable achievements. Must have at least 5 years of fundraising experience and be an AFP member.
Nomination forms and instructions are available online at:
Nominations may be submitted by any individual or organization wanting to recognize individuals, groups or corporations for their support of philanthropic or charitable causes in the San Antonio area. Nominators and/or nominees are not required to be members of the Association of Fundraising Professionals.
For additional information, please contact:
Trisha Box, AFP San Antonio at 210-289-4929 or email@example.com.