You are invited to submit a proposal to present a workshop at the 2013 Texas CASA Conference. Proposals for workshops are encouraged on specific topics in the focus areas for this conference. All presenters are asked to have an understanding of the role of the Court Appointed Special Advocate, (CASA) volunteer.
The purpose of the conference is to strengthen volunteer advocacy, enhance understanding and knowledge in critical areas affecting children and families in the child welfare system, and strengthen collaboration with stakeholders (judges, attorneys, caseworkers, foster parents, families, kinship caregivers, therapists and others) to assure permanency and positive outcomes for children.
An anticipated audience of 750 - volunteers, staff, boards, judges, CPS caseworkers, attorneys, foster parents and service providers are expected at this conference. Along with valuable learning opportunities, there will be times for networking, awards and recognition, and time to have fun and meet dedicated people from all across the state.
Subject Focus Areas for this Conference:
· Testifying/Evidence/Hearsay/Court Reports
· Parental Addiction and Recovery
· Transitioning Youth/Permanency Values/Adoption
· Role of the GAL/Judicial Perspecitve
· Placements/Foster Homes/RTC's/Special Camps
· Fundraising/Planning & Development
· Risk vs Safety/Domestic Violence
· Court Ordered Services Cases
· Mental Health/Psychotropic Meds
· Family Connections/Sibling Bonds
· Fatherhood/ Kinship
· Cultural Competency/Disproportionality/Diversity/Outcomes
· Volunteer Development/Recruitment/ Retention
· Community Engagement/Leadership/Successful Events
· Financial & Risk Management
1. Complete the Contact/Presenter Information Sheet & Workshop Proposal.
2. To submit, click on the 'Submit by Email' button above and below this document. You will not be allowed to save a copy for your records so we recommend you click on the 'Print Form' button for your records.
3. Contact/Presenter Information Sheet & Workshop Proposal must be submitted by April 30, 2013. All submissions will receive an electronic notification of receipt.
Note: Since the conference is provided by a non-profit organization all presenters are required to cover their own conference costs including any transportation, hotel accommodations and meals. However, if you know of an company/organization or entity that would be willing to sponsor your workshop, please contact Heather Parsons, Development Director, email@example.com. Each presenter will receive a free conference registration upon request.
Proposal form attached. If you have any technical difficulties or questions, please contact Juliet Castaneda, 512-473-2627 ext. 121 or firstname.lastname@example.org.