St. Pius X High School is pleased to announce the Jacqueline Lee Jordan Memorial Scholarship, which is offered to a qualified eighth grade student at St. Edward Catholic School who reflects the values, interests and academic career of Jacqueline Lee Jordan, and has applied for admission to St. Pius X High School for the 2013-14 academic year.
Jacqueline Lee Jordan was a multi-talented student who had an insatiable thirst for knowledge. Her life reflected a deep faith as seen in her involvement at her home parish of St. Edward and at St. Pius X. Jackie was an altar server, choir member and substitute accompanist during Sunday liturgies. As a freshman at SPX, Jackie earned straight A’s in her Honors classes and was actively involved in many extracurriculars, including Choir, Band, Theatre SPX, as well as the Art, Anime, Culture and Culinary clubs. Most of all, Jackie’s love for the sciences was enhanced in the Science Club and fed her thirst to be a Paleontologist.
The one-time $1500 scholarship is offered to an applicant who best fulfills these requirements:
· Is currently enrolled in 8th grade at St. Edward’s Catholic School
· Is a practicing Catholic
· Maintains a minimum B grade point average
· Scores in the 80th percentile or above on the HSPT
· Is actively involved in parish activities
· Provides 3 letters of recommendation: one each from his/her principal, a teacher, and a personal recommendation
· The scholarship is awarded annually and it is a one-time award to the recipient.
· The deadline for application is February 15, 2013.
· The scholarship is awarded with the acceptance letters in mid-March of each year, and the winner will be announced at the Scholarship Dinner each year.