Coca-Cola Enterprises released its seventh company-wide Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability (CRS) report: “How can a drink build a more sustainable tomorrow?”
This is the company’s first CRS report since the publication of its “Deliver for Today, Inspire for Tomorrow” sustainability plan in September 2011.
Built on extensive stakeholder feedback, the plan defines the company’s new sustainability vision, commitments and more challenging targets as it seeks to grow its business while building a more sustainable tomorrow.
- Became the first soft drinks company to receive the Carbon Trust Standard Award, receiving the best-ever score out of 675 companies.
- Invited to join the EU Corporate Leaders Group on Climate Change to demonstrate the support of business for the European Union to move to a low-carbon society.
- Launched a ‘Carbon Challenge,’ in which 129 of CCE’s suppliers were surveyed on their carbon performance and asked to implement reduction plans.
- Reduced the amount of water required to make 1 liter of product to 1.43 liters – a reduction of 13 percent since 2007.
- Executed recycling programmes at major summer festivals in France, Belgium and Great Britain, as well as with major retailers ASDA and Carrefour, reaching over 4.7 million consumers with recycling messaging .
- Launched a water replenishment partnership with WWF-UK and The Coca-Cola Company focusing on improving water quality in river catchments in South East England.
- Invested $5.7 million in our communities.
Download the report now.