January, 2011The Bernard Osher Foundation is offering Osher Reentry Scholarships to promote a return to college for current non-students on the path to earning an undergraduate degree.
The deadline for applications is June 1.
Candidates for Osher Reentry Scholarships are students who:
· Have experienced a cumulative gap in their education of five or more years;
· Are at the undergraduate level and pursuing their first baccalaureate degree;
· Anticipate workforce participation for a significant period of time subsequent to graduation;
· Demonstrate financial need;
· Show academic promise and a commitment to obtaining their degree;
· Are either full- or part-time students.
Preference will be given to newly matriculating students. In the second year of the program and beyond, returning Osher Reentry Scholars who have re-applied and continue to meet all other criteria may be given preference as well. No individual scholarship may exceed $5,000 per academic year. The scholarship funds will supplement rather than replace existing institutional support for this population.
Scholarship awards are not intended for graduate students or students seeking an additional degree. It is not intended for students who are exclusively enrolled in online courses or for international students who are visiting the United States with the intention of returning to their countries of origin after graduation.
Osher funds will be fully dedicated to scholarship assistance.The Osher Reentry Scholarship application can be found on the Financial Aid/Scholarship web site http://www.finaid.txstate.edu/ under “Headlines.”