| || |
How’s Your Donor Garden?
By Mark Connors It’s summer and gardening season is in full swing! Like tending your garden, tending your donors is key to a bountiful harvest, and an organized database is essential to success.
Stretching this gardening analogy we could say that direct mail is the traditional method of growing a relationship with donors, while email, social media and mobile represent new mediums and methods… much like hydroponic or organic gardening.
With the right planning and tools, proper cultivation, and a hefty dose of good ole common sense, you can transform your database into a healthy donor garden that will sustain your organization for years.
How do you achieve this? Here are a few “database gardening tips.”
Planting (or Planning)
- Deciding what types of donors you want and where your prospects spend their time will help you make better decisions regarding list sources and acquisition methods.
- Organizing your database and integrating with reporting solutions will help you to identify trends and react in a meaningful and timely fashion.
- Segmenting your database to match appropriate growth strategies to different groups within your file allows you to make the right ask to the right people at the right time – using the right communications method.
In donor gardening, a clear plan and well-organized database that incorporates state of the art campaign management and analytic reporting tools can make all the difference; nurturing the right donors, cutting down on donor attrition and increasing long-term donor value.
- Weeding out unimportant data and turning useful data into actionable information will help you make the right adjustments in a timely fashion.
Amergent offers 3 database options:
All are based on our powerful Portfolio software and supported by our experienced database team.
- “do-it-yourself gardens” (in-house software)
- “community gardens” (software-as-a-service)
- “full-service farming” (comprehensive full-service data management)
If you’d like more information on how Amergent can help you grow your “donor garden” please visit our website, email us, or contact us directly at 800-370-7500.
Meet with us at the
2010 Feeding America
Mobilizing the Public Conference
in Chicago, Illinois
July 21 - 23, 2010
Meet with us at the
2010 Bridge Conference
in National Harbor, MD
July 26 - 28, 2010