The report above indicates that generations become aware of and give to
non-profits using several channels:
- A Direct Mail piece may solicit donations which are then placed Online.
- Organization's website may engage person in annual gala dinner where support may be given via donation card at place setting.
- News article may report your upcoming 5k to the community who then registers for event via mail.
- Your eNewsletter may communicate a pieces about your new resale shop providing the opportunity for donors to purchase and give in person.
Suggested Steps for Success
- Remain consistent in your communication regardless of where message is received. Have twitter, facebook, newsletters, direct mail.website and face to face interactions all carry the same consistent message.
- Allow opportunities for giving via every channel. "The younger the donor the more channels must be available to give".
- Track donations from all giving channels to understand trends.
Streamline Giving Channels
In our daily discussions with non-profits regarding how they are fundraising we are constantly struck by the same findings:
- Each donation channel is processed via a different processor.
- Each processor requires several hours of administration time to either receive funds or obtain reports
- By completing business in this fashion, non-profits are met with high processor expenses and administration costs.
An example of one such conversation included a
local charity using 3 different processors to complete all their fundraising efforts:
- Online giving via their website
- Phone authorizations obtained for their mail-in 5k registration and gala dinner donations (5 hours spent obtaining authorizations and processed at the highest cost)
- Cedit Card terminal used at their charity resale shop
- Set-up fund categories in donor management software for online giving and 5K registration.
- Plugged into owned terminal used at charity shops and suggested that be used at for their gala event where cards could be swiped in person to give a donation ensuring them for the lowest processing rate and batched that evening when plugged into a phone line.
- All donations downloaded into donor software to track giving trends and campaigns
- All donations deposited into Nonprofit's account within 2 business days reduced costs by 63%
It is our goal to understand:
- Who is your target audience
- How you are communicating to this population
- What giving channels your organization is providing
- How you are tracking your giving trends and successes
By doing so, we can create a solution that fits your organization, decrease both expense and administration time, and allow you more time and money to accomplish your mission.