$16.8 million, including:
• $7.3 million from an anonymous donor to support research, faculty chairs and graduate student fellowships.
• $4 million from the Communities Foundation of Texas for an endowed chair and research in behavioral and brain science.
• $1.1 million from Texas Instruments for research in semiconductor technology.
• $1 million from an anonymous donor for research support, endowed chairs, and graduate student engineering fellowships.
• $1 million from Nancy B. Hamon to support research in the arts and humanities.
• $1 million from the O'Donnell Foundation to support faculty research in arts and technology.